1. You must allow sufficient time when booking your taxi to reach your destination including any delays caused by traffic or weather conditions. Southdown taxis shall not be responsible for any delay caused by your failure to allow enough time to reach your destination or if the passengers are not ready for collection at the arranged booked time
2. You must order a suitable vehicle size for the number of passengers and luggage. It is against the law to carry more passengers than the vehicle is licensed to carry
3. Children no matter what age or size counts as one passenger.
4. All children traveling during the journey shall be restrained in a manner appropriate to their age, weight and height. Suitable child seats must be used and supplied and fitted by the parent / carer. Such seats may be retained by the driver for any return journeys booked.
5. You are strictly prohibited to eat, drink and/or smoke in any of our vehicles.
Prices & payment
1. All wedding bookings & long journeys must be pre-paid in full.
2. Free cancelation 48 hours in advance, 24 hours in advance 50% cancelation fee, less than 24 hours notice no refund.
3. Our drivers allow 5 minutes wait at the agreed time booked, if after this time all passengers have not boarded our drivers have the right to leave without a refund.
4. You will be charged a standard pick up fare if you cancel after your taxi has been dispatched.
5. Southdown cars does not offer any discounts or ‘free fares’ in the unlikely event your taxi is running late.
6. Payments can be made by cash (sterling only) in the car or card payment only accepted in office hours, apple pay, and cheque is not accepted.
7. Waiting time is £40 per hour.
8. You will be charged £150 to cover cleaning costs in the event of the vehicle being soiled by any passenger.
9. The minimum card payment is £30.
1. Southdown Taxis shall use all reasonable endeavours to get you to your destination on time but shall not be liable for any loss due to delays caused by road or traffic conditions beyond its control on the journey. Under no circumstances shall Southdown cars be liable for any loss of profits, business or for any indirect or consequential loss whatsoever.
2. All luggage and personal belongings, is carried entirely at your own risk, Southdown taxis will not be responsible for any damage or loss incurred to luggage and personal belongings.
Southdown taxis will refuse or terminate any booking with immediate effect if it places any driver or vehicle at risk of damage, violence, abuse or racism by you or any passenger in your party and will ask all passengers to vacate the vehicle as soon as it is safe to do so. No refunds will be given.
Southdown taxis will prosecute any offender for any unlawful action brought against its vehicles, premises, or staff. This includes damage to any vehicle or premises. Theft from any vehicle or premises (including non payment of fares). Violence or abuse towards any member of staff. We will also (where necessary) take legal action against verbal or written slander towards the company or staff.